This week we dropped Caleb off at his new life. Without us. But, frankly, its better that way.
Here are the top ten reasons why:
10. He was starting to like country music so we were going to have to kick him out eventually anyway
9. Cade no longer complains about how long it takes Caleb to get ready for school each morning
8. A gallon of milk goes farther (further?)
7. No wet, smelly towels left in the van after surfing
6. No more lengthy discussions about what college will be like
5. Those bulky surfboards are finally out of our garage
4. More hot water is available for showers in the morning
3. I only have to pay for one band trip this year (not sure we break even on that one)
2. The drums are silent
And the number one reason its better that he's gone is...(drum roll please)
No need to plan a birthday party for him this year.
And that's why I haven't gone a day without crying.
Kelli is a writer, speaker and consultant equipping leaders for a deepening intimacy with Christ, greater impact in ministry and more effective intentionality in all of life.
Book Kelli for your next event or retreat.
Find Out More >>